Heather Hills Scottish Heather Honey Cake
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 85g Butter
- 85g caster sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly whisked
- 115g heather Honey
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Butter a 20cm cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, followed by the honey.
- Gradually add the eggs, followed by the honey. Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to combine.
- Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to combine. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and shrinking slightly from the sides of the tin. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- When cold, slice and serve spread with unsalted butter.